First yes I know it’s almost the end of January and thus this post is late but due to health issues I’ve been late in posting it.
As mentioned in my About me page I’m dealing with some health issues, these left me feeling suicidal for much of the last few weeks. I started blogging to talk to people about my health issues as I’m not yet ready to discuss them in a more public arena. (Yes I’m aware of the irony of now putting them on the internet but this makes sense in my head so please just go with it).
Being a considerable cynic I’ve never really created any New Year’s resolutions’, for reasons shown which can be viewed in song form here.
So it’s with some shock I’m making them this year, and to keep things simple they are listed in a list form below (in no particular order):
- Learn how to use a sewing machine
- Make a dress for myself from scratch
- Make / Bake a new recipe every day
- Become a better writer
- Accept that I’m quirky and odd and embrace it
- DO NOT buy any more clothes for a whole year (not really a resolution but it’s staying)
- Learn how to braid own hair (I can do others but not mine and it’s annoying me)
- Clear credit card debit
- Stop buying things to feel better (a big issue)
- Make friends with my anxiety and depression (collectively called Neg)
- Don’t let Neg rule my life anymore
- Start herb garden (and keep alive)
- Make crochet blanket
- Make crochet toys
- Run 5km without stopping
- Fix things around house that annoy me, (aka stop being scared of DIY)
- Read daily – ideally 30 min before bed
- Learn to knit
- Be brave
- Post on blog twice a week to update on above
To be honest my hope in sharing these is to keep myself accountable to the anonymous world of blogging and to share my progress in the hope that I find something that helps someone else as I’ve been on a considerable search for information myself and it’s overwhelming.
I use creating and craft as a form of therapy, but I want to make it very clear I got to actual / medical therapy weekly. All I’ve learnt so far is that there is no quick fix but I’m going to try harder than I have before to help myself. Hopefully in doing this I will be able to help others, I’m aware this is very lofty goal for the year, but there is also no way I can fail and If I do so I will at least have made some beautiful /quirky / delicious things for myself, my home, family and friends.
Please join me, let’s see what happens and finally wishing everyone a wonderful 2017 (the remaining 344 days anyway)
Psst: some project shots thus far – please follow me on Instagram for daily (ish) updates